Friday, July 2, 2010

Spicy Watermelon Salad

Ready for a change this summer? Why don't you try one of my favorite recipes, Spicy Watermelon Salad!.

Sweet, spicy and citrusy, this  cool salad is a perfect summer side dish.

Stir together in a small bowl:
   1 tsp chili powder
   1/2 tsp. salt-or to taste
   1/2 tsp. red chili pepper flakes

In a large bowl, put in:
   6 cups seedless watermelon chunks( about 1/2-1 inch)
  1/2 medium red onion, diced
   1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
   3 Tblsp. fresh lime juice
   2 Tblsp. chopped fresh cilantro

Sprinkle with the spice mixture, toss lightly and chill. Serves 4-6.

2 comments:

  1. I'm making this recipe for the "We're Cooking Michigan Contest!" I've made it to the final four contestants in the cook off this Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy. I think it will go great with the Chicken and Broccoli Quiche that I am planning as a main dish.

    ReplyDelete