Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week one on Artfire-working my way through the 45 day Success Guide


So I've survived my first week! Moving and setting up a new studio is a lot of work. There is so much to learn-almost like moving to another country and learning about their customs and language!

One of the helpful guides Artfire has is the 45 day Success Guide.  It's no holds bared, fast paced introduction to getting you studio up and running. I'm trying my best to keep up with m daily tasks.
  • Day 1-Getting rid of your progress bar. when you first register on Artfire, you see a progress bar on top of your screen. You need to set up the basics of your studio. Your bio,policies,payment methods and your avatar and banner-now that's a full day one!
  • Day 2-Time to read up. You've got a lot of guides here-You'll find answers to a lot of questions. Don't be lazy or frustrated. get reading!
  • Day 3-Getting your studio ready. Time to figure out layouts, color schemes and shipping policies. Start listing 5 items.
  • Day 4-Getting the feel. Artfire actually has a "test" buying area. Sometime sellers have have not purchased items-this test area actually has you checkout an item-without having to pay for it. You also list an additional 5 items bringing you studio up to 10 items.
  • Day 5-Getting your front page filled. Since your first page holds 20 items. It's time to fill up your shop. Listing 10 more items is a bit of work-but at leat your first page will be full.
  • Day 6-It's a work day You've been so busy listing and setting up your shop-don't forget to keep reading those guides!- That you probably haven't had the energy or time to be creative! So take a day off-get those creative juices flowing again.
  • Day 7-Introduce yourself. Time to check out the chatterbox forums. You'll find a lot of information and helpful people hanging out here. I like to visit the forums on a regular basis. you'll meet all sorts of people-and soon you'll be chatting away like old friends. Don't forget to check out the promotions area and games when you need a break.
Phew! so much for the first week. No wonder I'm tired.Tomorrow I hope to get a lot more pictures taken. I usually do my photography on the weekends when I can photograph my items in daylight. I've got a lot of items to photograph-that going to take some time.

Hope you're enjoying the "behind the scenes" look at what it takes to set up an online shop. It's more work and more fun that you think it is!

Be sure to leave some comments if you have visited. I'd like to know what's interested you the most.

Until later,

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower".
Hans Christian Andersen

1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful shop, I saw you in the forums on artfire :)

    ReplyDelete