Sunday, January 17, 2010

I am Thankful for...

One of the things I am grateful for is all the wonderful fellow artisans and bloggers that I follow. I found this on Audrey's Country Crafts blog today. I thought I would share it with you and ask you to add your own line about what you're thankful for. I added the line about those in military service in honor of my son Nathan. Yesterday he finished his four year commitment to the Marines. Through the 4 years of service, including two tours overseas-one in Iraq and one in the Far East, his service and sacrifice to our country can never be paid back in words of gratitude. I am so proud of him as a mother! I am thankful: For the wife who says it's hot dogs tonight; Because she is home with me, and not out with someone else. For the husband who is on the sofa being a couch potato; Because he is home with me, and not out at the bars. For the teenager who is complaining about doing dishes; Because it means she is at home, not on the streets. For the taxes I pay; Because it means I am employed . For the mess to clean after a party; Because it means I have been surrounded by friends. For the clothes that fit a little too snug; Because it means I have enough to eat. For my shadow that watches me work; Because it means I am out in the sunshine. For a lawn that needs mowing,windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need cleaning; Because it means I have a home. For all the complaining I hear about the government; Because it means we have freedom of speech. For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot; Because it means I am capable of walking and I have been blessed with transportation. For my huge heating bill; Because it means I am warm. For the lady behind me in church who sings off key; Because it means I can hear. For the pile of laundry and ironing; Because it means I have clothes to wear. For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day; Because it means I have been capable of working hard. For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours; Because it means I am alive. For too much e-mail; Because it means I have friends who are thinking of me. For all those who serve or who have served in the Military; Because it means I am enjoy my freedoms because of their sacrifices.

No comments:

Post a Comment