Sunday, May 19, 2013

Time in the garden

To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves. -Mohandas K. Gandhi 

 It's always amazing to me how gardening is a metaphor for life. Spring always brings new beginnings, new desires, new dreams. I seemed to have ignored my blog, just as I put away the fruits of my past gardens. Allowing the blog to lay dormant over the winter, and now that springtime is in full glory here in Michigan my thoughts have returned to it just as I have tended to my spring time garden. It's not to say I haven't been busy-so many new sea glass designs-I'll share them with you soon! But, in the mean time here's a few pictures of my just planted garden.  We went to the plant sale on Belle Isle this Saturday-I love supporting the agroscience students. They grow a wide variety of plants-including tons of heirloom tomato varieties.
 Plant sale at Belle Isle
 A few of the plants on the deck-I hope we can move them when we get the deck refinished!
 My 3 year old blueberry bush-I think we will have enough blueberries for a pie this year, that is if I can keep the birds out!
 This might not be the garden of my dreams-but in my little spot I have  tomatoes, peppers, beans and herbs-enough to keep me happy.
You just can't feed the body-you have to feed your soul too.


No comments:

Post a Comment